While most of us are not big fans of using the kitchen sponge washing dishes, as it regular dish sponges only last you for a while before the kitchen sponge becomes musty and no longer in good condition as it was when you first started using it. Perhaps you should ditch the traditional kitchen sponge and try using a silicone sponge instead.
A silicone sponge is not as porous as regular kitchen sponges, therefore it’s less likely for bacteria taking root. Bacteria causes regular kitchen sponges to smell so a silicone sponge eliminates that problem. Silicone sponges are eco friendly, easy to clean, and they do not absorb odors and smells like regular kitchen sponges. Both sponges still share the same purpose: to wash and clean dishes. The best silicone sponges are the ones that are made of strong and durable materials, and are specialized to tackle the specific task you wanted.
So without further ago, here are 5 of the main benefits of why you should consider using a silicone sponge: –
1. Silicone Sponges are Easy to Use
- Silicone sponges sometimes come with a convenient strap over the top.
- The strap makes it easier as it gives you a better grip when you use the silicone sponge to scrub dirty dishes.
- A silicone sponge of high quality is fairly easy to use.
- Silicone sponges includes a special fish-scale pattern that prevents the sponge from getting slippery, while the extra long bristles help to hold and contain the soap and suds.
- Besides being suitable for washing pots, pans and regular dishwares, silicone sponges also work well on vegetables.
- Free of BPA, and approved by FDA, silicone sponges are non-porous, which indicates the silicone sponge will not hold onto and absorb bad smells of your dirty dishware.
2. Silicone Sponges are Best Suited for Dishwashing Tasks that are Heavy-Duty
- Silicone sponges are designed for heavy duty dish cleaning.
- Silicone sponge is designed for scrubbing thick, extra dirty dishwares liike pots and pans, as well as washing sinks and countertops.
- The silicone sponge comes with a rough texture of a regular, more abrasive sponge. The silicone material is made to be gentle on your dish surfaces, which makes it easy to clean and does not emit bad smell.
- It is sturdy and comfortable for you to hold as well as excellent scrubbing power that can clean items normally hard to wash.
3. Silicone Sponges are Suitable for Gentle Washing Tasks
- When it comes to washing delicate items, such as glassware or fruits and vegetables, the gentle silicone sponge is best suited for the job.
- Silicone sponges made of food-grade silicone and BPA-Free, it is designed to have a pattern that makes it easier to grip and hold, whereas the soft grooves remove first without being too aggressive on the materials.
- The antibacterial properties of silicone sponges prevents the sponge from becoming smelly, as there is a handy hold on one side of the sponge to hang when not in use.
4. Silicone Sponges are Available in Assortment Packs
- For those with a variety of cleaning tasks in their hands, silicon sponges are available in multipack too.
- It comes in an assorted variety of sponge styles, it also provides scrubbing mitts, small scrubbing balls, a silicone cloth, and fibre polyester scourers
- All these silicone sponges are made with food-grade silicone and are BPA-Free, and they are not porous and odorness.
- The flexibility of these silicone sponges enable you to clean up your kitchen with ease.
5. Silicone Sponges are Resistant to Odor
- If you dislike having smelly fingers after scrubbing the dishes, then silicone sponges are the perfect solution for you.
- All silicone sponges have the ability to retain less odor, without any sign of bacteria or stinky odor from regular sponges
- It is tough, flexible and effective in cleaning dishware.
Silicone sponges are also used in makeup as well, but not as commonly used as they are in dish cleaning. Silicone sponges has a number of advantages to its user, therefore you might perhaps consider using silicone sponges in dishwashing someday soon.